Friday, April 6, 2007

Carpe Diem!

Last night on television was a show about the late, great Freddy Mercury. For anyone who knows me you know that I've been a tremendous fan of Queen since I was a teenager, for some reason their music really reached out to me and I just fell in love.

Over the years I've done a fair amount of reading on Queen when it came my way, I'm not someone who has to know every detail of every moment of the lives of musicians but I did find their story quite fascinating. Last night was so cool because I was able to see video of Freddy Mercury being himself rather than the character he played on stage.

The one thing that really stuck with me is that Freddy was a man who lived every day to it's fullest, he didn't waste time with regret and with suffering but was always moving on to the next great joy that life had to offer. Even on his deathbed he was creating music and enjoying life as much as he was able.

I think it just served as yet another reminder to me that I need to stop being afraid of the "What ifs" that life throws our way and just run with what my heart tells me is right. I have to admit that the times in life I've lept in head first are always the most entertaining.

Till next we meet. . .

No comments: