Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Riders on the Storm

So today on my way home form work I got caught in a monsoon. Now of coures that wouldn't mean anything to most people but I was on my motorcycle. I was smart enough to put on my leather jacket and leather chaps before leaving work but of course I was still pretty wet when I got home, particularely with the open face helmet on.

I was rained on, hailed on (that hurts) and rode through water so deep I had to put my feet up on my highway pegs to avoid getting them wet. There was thunder and lightning and drivers with poor traction and visibility who seemed more anxious than ever to score themselves a motorbike.

And I loved every second of it.

I was singing, sometimes I just howled, laughed, smiled.

I don't know what it was, perhaps in the middle of so much misery it was that feeling of being alive, I don't know. What I do know is that all those people sitting in their cars looking miserable had no idea what they were missing. . . You can keep your cage, I prefer my world thank you.

Till next we meet. . .

No comments: