Friday, June 29, 2007

Won't be long now

Well we got the news today that we're putting my mother in a hospice tomorrow (Saturday) morning. It's gotten to the point where my father can't really handle it any more and even with help from home care, my brother, etc it's just too much for him.

Apparently when he told my mother her face just fell, as hard as it's been for her at least she was always at home with people who loved her and now that won't be the case. It's not like we can't go and visit, heck we can spend the night if we want, but obviously it won't be the same for her.

I'm not sure that it's the best thing for any of us either, it means that there's a good possibility that when my mother dies there won't be anyone there with her except for some strangers. . . not sure that will sit well with any of us.

Still, I guess it's the way things have to go.

Wish us luck.

Till next we meet. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and yours much love and peace...

Anonymous said...

I know you are hearing it from everyone, but you and your family are in the thoughts and prayers of many...