Tuesday, June 5, 2007

All Good Things

It's going to be that time soon.

My mother has been fighting her battle with cancer for two years now and it's going to be over soon I fear. While I don't know when exactly, or how I have a feeling that it's going to be before the end of June.

It's been a long and hard fought battle and she's fought it with her upper lip as stiff as her British accent would lead us to expect it would be. Throughout it all she's fought with strength, grace, and determination but shortly it's to end.

My mother took a turn for the worse a few weeks ago and has been getting weaker and more confused on daily basis now and I really do think that she won't live to see another July.

Please if you're reading this don't rush over to the phone to call or the car to visit. We're frankly swamped and while we appreciate your well-wishes we don't have a lot of time or energy to dedicate to you at this stage. Feel free to call myself or Craig on our Cell phones if you need to get a hold of someone and we'll help you out as best we can.

I did want to take this chance to thank everyone for your help and support over the last two years. Those of you who have really been there for us know who you are and have made a tremendous difference, please realize that we appreciate it. We might not always have said it but we really do.

I also want to thank everyone who's going to help us in this upcoming time, I doubt I'll remember to thank you at the time but please know that even if I don't say it out loud you have my gratitude.

Till next we meet. . .

No comments: