Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lifelong Learning

So I just got out of another day in a course that I'm taking through work. The course is a 28 hour course in Project Management 101 and it's amazingly intense. While people may think they understand how to run a project (I thought so) I have to say that if you've never taken a course like this you have no idea regardless of how much experience you have.

On that note I think that project management might be something that I'd like to get into in the future so I'm going to start working toward my credentials. I need to have 35 hours of classroom time (This course gives me 28) then I need to spend 4,500 hours managing various aspects of projects. I figure that since I'm doing projects all the time at work all I'll really need to do is start tracking them and possibly volunteering for some bigger ones and I'll be laughing. In another year or two I should be ready to write the exam and then we can see where things go.

While it may not be the career that I'm after it's fairly lucrative and since I'm going to be doing the work anyway I might as well figure out how to double dip.

Till next we meet. . .

No comments: