Thursday, October 11, 2007

Changes

Well there's been a lot happening in my life lately that I figure I should post about.

The first thing is that I quit my job with the City of Edmonton. Of course people are curious as to why I did and there are a lot of reasons but at the end of the day I quit because it was time to leave. It was a good job, with amazing people that I was blessed to supervise, be supervised by, and work beside but it was no longer the right job for me.

So what am I going to do now?

Well, I have an idea for a business I'm going to try opening. I figure I'll give it a run and if it works then great, if not I'll just pick something up to pay the bills until I have another career lined up.

In other news I'm going to England.

I leave on Monday (October 15th) and I'll be back on November 4th. The plan is to spend the first week or so in London seeing some of the sights. The second week I'm going to head up to Scotland and spend time with my family up there. This will also give me the opportunity to return some of my mother's ashes to that side of the Atlantic. The final week I'm really just going to head around the country wherever the wind, and Britrail, take me. The specifics have yet to be determined.

I will try to post regularly on here for those of you that read it (or read it on facebook when it's imported) to keep you all updated.

If you're interested there is a going away party for me on the 14th at 8:00pm at the Funky Buddha on Whyte. Feel free to come down and buy me a drink.

Till next we meet. . .

No comments: