Tuesday, January 30, 2007

People are Strange

I have to say that people are strange.

I'm sure many of you are looking at your computer screens in rapt wonder right now as the enormity and depth of that sentence takes hold in your psyche.

Or not.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this statement, or for that matter my life at the moment.

I've decided to move out. After living at home and taking care of my mother for two years I'm moving out and getting my own place. As much as I love my parents and as much as I want to stay and help them through what I know is coming I find that something is telling me that it's time to remove myself from the situation.

This doesn't mean that I won't be there to support them, or that I won't find myself spending nights in one of the spare bedrooms but it does mean that after two an a half years and two failed relationships I'm going to get on with living my life. To no small extend I feel that as long as I remain in this unhealthy situation I'll never be able to heal properly and get back to being healthy like I know I can be.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get an apartment or a room somewhere yet but I figure almost anything is going to be a step up from where I currently find myself so I'll take my chances and trust to the universe. While I may not find a place right away with the current rental market I'm confident that the universe won't drop me on my head and that it'll all be all right in the end.

What else am I going to do with my life?

I'm going to keep healing, that much I know. I'm going to keep seeing the psychologist until the benefits stop paying for it as it's only a short term treatment. I'm going to find another one after that to ensure that I continue to do the work that I need to do. I'm going to continue having weekly (or so) meetings with the City Chaplain, he's a good guy and worth talking to and I'm glad he's a resource for those of us employed with the City. I'm also going to try going to an energy healer. I don't know if it'll help but A. swore by her and I figure that the worst case is she sits patiently and listens and probably provides some insight that I could use so I'm going to give that a shot as well.

I'm also going to get off my butt and start writing. I've always wanted to make a career as a writer and once I'm out of the house I'm going to go at it in a serious way. I'll need something to fill my time and I find that I'm enjoying having this blog tremendously. I enjoy crafting the language, even if I'm somewhat out of practice and inept at the moment. I would hope that within six months of moving out I'll have at least one book completed. . . of course then I need a publisher but I'm taking this one step at a time.

What else?

I don't know, let's see what the universe has to offer.

2 comments:

jeweledrabbit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeweledrabbit said...

I do energy healing and use it on myself. I've also had other energy healers give me treatments.

It's something that's always helped me tremendously.