Monday, March 19, 2007

International Hangover Recovery Day

It's amazing that International Hangover Recovery Day falls on the day after International Hangover Day. What's more fascinating is that International Hangover Day falls on the day after St. Patrick's Day. Huh. . .

Okay, I made that all up but it would make sense wouldn't it?

So this weekend I worked which I'm sure comes as a surprise to no-one given that the bar I bounce at is an Irish pub and Saturday was the infamous binge that is St. Patrick's Day. I started at 11am on Saturday and spent the first hour or so just standing around as we had our breakfast and lunch service going. Then around 12 it got busy and all of a sudded I was working busing tables, carrying food and whatever other task I could take away from the waitresses to help keep things moving.

Following that I ended up doing my more usual job of crowd control, checking ID's and general customer relations. Many people don't realize how important it is that the doormen be friendly when you come to a bar but I think it's absolutely crucial. After all we're the first people you see and the last people you see every time you go out and we very much set the tone for your evening by how we treat you. If we're nice to you then you have a good night, if we're not you have a bad night, and I hate to see that happen to anyone.

The day was a lot of fun as everyone was in a great mood so I really enjoyed myself talking to people and being around that many people having a great time. That sort of energy is priceless and definitely worth exposing yourself to any time you get the chance to, I'm fortunate in that I get paid to do it every weekend.

Then I ended up getting off work at 9pm which is pretty early, so I went to the back, found a t-shirt given to us at some point by a liquor rep and started partying.

If you go here (Phat Stu's Druid Photo Album) you can see some pictures from the party, not all of these are of me obviously but these were the folks that I was hanging out with and I must say that they were a blast! It was great and I'm really glad I got to know them, now I have new friends!

Till next we meet. . .

No comments: