Thursday, March 29, 2007

Walking the Walk

I went to see a performance last night at the Arden Theater in St.Albert. It was a production by Decidedly Jazz Danceworks that featured Jackie Richardson singing and the DJD folks performing.

All in all I would call the performance nothing less than amazing. Those who know me know how hard it is to get a standing ovation out of me as I feel that a standing ovation should really only occur when a performer comes out and "turns it up to 11" so to speak, well last night it happened.

I'm not going to review the performance as I'm certain there are other people who will do so and if you're interested you'll be able to read about it there but I will say that if you have the opportunity you really need to get out and see this show. It was about love, and loss, and everything that goes along with those two and it was inspired.

On the topic of walking the walk, you all know that in recent months I've been working to make myself into a better person. Perhaps that's not right, I've been working to allow myself to be the person that I know I'm capable of being, the person I want to be. Part of that has been working on choosing better behaviours for myself in certain situations and last night was one of them.

Again I'm not going into details but I will say that I found myself falling into some older and less-desirable behaviours last night. Certainly not the end of the world but I was disappointed in myself at first, then I calmed down and let the universe speak to me. . . in this case via the show. I remembered the decisions I have made and I remembered how it is that I want to react in situations like that so I went back and corrected my behaviour.

I'm not perfect, nor will I ever be but last night I took a big step in the right direction. I was tested and while it looked like I was going to falter I managed to turn and step in the right direction, I stayed on beat and on track and pulled myself through.

This of course thrills me because while I didn't do it as quickly last night as I would have liked I'm well aware that every time it gets a little quicker and a little easier and every time I'll have less trouble with it.

I love you.
I'm sorry for everything that's happened to you.
Please forgive me for that part of me that has supported those things and these feelings within you.
Thank you.

Till next we meet. . .

No comments: