Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Keep on Truckin'

Well, I haven't really anything interesting to report from the last couple of days since I didn't really do anything interesting on the weekend. I did go shopping and bought some jeans a couple of belts and a new shirt but that's about it.

I also managed to swing some Overtime at work which is nice as it's going to pay for more toys for RJ (my motorcycle) for the summer but of course cuts into doing anything else with my time.

This morning I was at the airport at 4:00am to pick up J who was flying back into Edmonton from Vegas where she spent a couple of days with her father. It's nice to get a chance to talk to her again, she was my best friend for two years and I've really missed her in the last 8 months. It's a little strange at times but my life is a richer place for having her in it so I'm certainly not going to complain about things being a little strange. That all having been said I'm ready for bed, unfortunately I've got another 3.5 hour of work to go as I'm on till 9:30 tonight.

Voice lessons are absent this week because my instructor is out of town.

Salsa on Sunday was fun as always.

A came to salsa last Thursday, I invited her because she was having a rough day and it's hard to be anything but happy in that wonderful environment. Great, upbeat music, great energy, fun people, who could be miserable there?

Although apparently that invite is stifling her and she can't spend that sort of time with me blah blah blah. . .

I've decided in recent days that in relation to A. I'm going to take Henry Rollins' advice and "Stop showing up for the beating!" Basically she's decided that she's going to be miserable and uses me as a scapegoat to explain why she's miserable rather than taking responsibility for her own life. She seems to think she's miserable because we spend too much time together, too much time talking, I care too much, I'm distant, or whatever other problem she's settled on at the moment so I've decided that if she's going to choose to be miserable I'm going to remove myself as a scapegoat. She's welcome to her misery but I'm not going to continue to be there to blame it on. . . not that it'll stop her but at least I won't have to listen to how I've ruined her life this week.

I'll still be there if she needs help, support, friendship, a shoulder to cry on, etc but I'm done with being the scapegoat for her misery.

And that's about all that's happening in my life right now. So I'll bid you a temporary farewell.

Till next we meet. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good work Stu!! I'm glad that you're not going to take a beating anymore. Be a supportive friend, not a punching bag :)