Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Workin' For The Man Every Night and Day

I apologise to those people who read this to keep up with my life, when my life gets busy it gets hard for me to keep up let alone allow you to. I will however hit you with some quick summaries.

Voice Lessons
Going really well, I'm nervous and out of my element but they're fun and my voice coach seems to think that I have an amazing voice with an amazing sound and can't wait to help me develop it. Cool.

Bouncing
It's been busy but fun, easily the best job ever if you're a single guy. Last weekend I ended with a few phone numbers, I'm not calling any of them because any girl that gives her number to a bouncer she met twenty minutes before needs her head examined and I don't really want any more "Crazy" in my life at the moment. Note the capital "C" on the word "Crazy" that's not an accident. . . some of those girls. . . whew! Still, it's nice for the ego to get the numbers and flirting is a fun game so I figure "Why not?"

Day Job
Crazy. We're getting our summer brochure together and it's been taking some serious time on my part, not bad time, and not unexpected time, just time. Lost some more staff, haven't found any new ones yet. Same old same old, still a fun job though.

Church
I'm still going, it's going well. I really like that place, the workshop the other weekend was good and I'm looking forward to the intro class that starts in March that I'm taking. It's only 3 evenings but I'm expecting some good things out of it, at the very least I'll meet some new people and that's always fun.

Sleep Apnea
Well, tonight I get to sleep with a machine attached to my face all night. I'm a light sleeper so this should be an interesting experience. This will tell me if I have sleep apnea or if I just snore, the lady giving me the machine said it would tell me "if" I snore. . .I told her that people in Belgium can tell her that I snore.

Self Actualization
It's slowed down but that's to be expected so I'm not concerned. Now it's just an ongoing process of small daily improvements and I'm working at them. I still choose to view every day as a great day and it's made my life a much happier place, I'm still not taking on things that I shouldn't and I'm working hard at those I should. All in all it's going well.

Marcus Aurelius
I seem to have misplaced my book. If you find it please let me know, I want it back so I can finish it.

Writing
I've been doing some random writing. I'm having trouble deciding what to make my first serious attempt at real publication though. Should I do a bunch of short stories? A book on picking up girls a the bar? A book on self actualization? A book on training?

The most votes seems to be going to the book on picking up girls, interspersed with funny anecdotes so I might go that way. Probably has the best market appeal out of all of them, in the end though I'm just going to write what comes out some days regardless of the overall plan. I'm enjoying giving in to my disease, it's fun.

Disease
Some people write because they like to. Some people write because they get paid to. Some people write because they have to. Not choose to, but have to. I'm one of the last ones. So was my favourite author Robert Heinlein who once said:

“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I know exactly what he means by that.

Fini
So if you have a suggestion about what to write throw it in the comments. If you have comments that's also an appropriate place for them, I want to hear what you're thinking.

Till next we meet. . .

No comments: