Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Actually I'm Actualizing

The last couple of days have gone really well for me. I mentioned last week that I've decided to pursue the goal of self actualization and to that end I made myself up some Flashcards. Basically I took some affirmations, some daily questions, and I made up little flashcards that I read throughout the day. There are only two of them and they're double sided but they contain pretty much everything I'm trying to achieve in a quick easy to reference format. I'll include them at the end of this post.

How's that working?

Well, because I have these thoughts of what I'm trying to accomplish in my head all the time I find it a lot easier to ensure that my behaviours match my goals. Often in life we declare a goal then spend our time with behaviours that are irrelevant, or worse, incompatable with the goal at hand.

In the last couple of days I've caught myself being judgemental, being frustrated with people, being angry at people, and because I had those thoughts of self actualization floating around my head I was able to release those thoughts and feelings and put something more appropriate in their place.

In the last two days I've had some of the best conversations I've ever had with people I would never have expected I could talk to, let alone like all because I chose to enjoy it and embrace them for who they are rather than be frustrated at them for what they're not.

Now all I need to do is keep it up.

Flashcards

This card is the general principals by which I endeavour to live, from a spiritual standpoint.

· I choose today to give myself the best life ever.
· Energy flows where attention goes.
· I'm the first example of how the world should love me so I need to teach people how to treat me.
· Success is living your talents within you.
· Attitude of Gratitude...I choose to focus on what I'm grateful for rather than what I resent.
· True forgiveness is saying thank you for giving me that experience.
· In the midst of chaos, in the middle of the storm, ask yourself: What are you here to teach me?


These are the traits of a self actualized person phrased as affirmations

· I embrace the facts and realities of the world (including myself) rather than denying or avoiding them.
· I am spontaneous in my ideas and actions.
· I am creative.
· I am interested in solving problems; this often includes the problems of others. Solving these problems is often a key force in my life.
· I feel closeness to other people, and generally appreciate life.
· I have a system of morality that is fully internalized and independent of external authority.
· I have discernment and am able to view all things in an objective manner. Judgments and prejudices are absent.


These are my morning meditations

· What are my intentions for today? What will I feel, be, desire, accomplish, broadcast, and experience?
· How will I express these intentions through action?
· What pain and hurt do I have that needs to be released today?
· Will I graciously accept what the universe has to offer? Even if it differs from my conscious intentions?
· Am I prepared to listen to what the universe is trying to tell me?


These are my reminder notes for when I find myself having an Emotional Response (ER)

· Acknowledge having an ER.
· Consciously own what is bothering you, identify it, express the emotions around it.
· Stop expressing, go inward for insight and clarity. What does it remind you of? Why is it familiar? Why does it bother you?
· Sink into the soft pain, be gentle with yourself.
· Stay with the soft pain, identify a physical point of pain, ground yourself, release judgments about yourself.
· Let the pain run it’s course, be thankful for the gift.
· Come out blissful, empowered, calm, with new understanding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Discovering people is one of the most worthwhile experiences in life! It is great to hear that you are discovering that!